I Found Life in Him

Living life to the fullest is finding hope and life in Christ. I can pursue all others, but come up empty handed. But I am never left unsatisfied when my Creator holds me ever so gently in His hand.
"I have found a love greater than life itself. I have found a hope stronger and nothing compares."


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Psalm 45

"Now listen, daughter, don't miss a word:
      forget your country, put your home behind you.
   Be here—the king is wild for you.
      Since he's your lord, adore him.


I have never read this before-  at least not in a way that spoke to me like it did today.

My parphrase: "Jessica, deal with your place of origin. Be honest with the way that you grew up and the lies that you came to believe. But then put it behind you. Recognize that the King is crazy in love with you and you are lovely and enough for Him. Quit using excuses and going back to those lies, know the truth and adore this King that has given all to lavish His unfailing love on you."


The New Living Translation puts it this way.



  "Listen to me, O royal daughter; take to heart what I say.
      Forget your people and your family far away.
 For your royal husband delights in your beauty;
      honor him, for he is your lord."


It excites a girls heart to know that she is delighted in and that she is royalty. I have sought to be found delightful in many ways but to know that God delights in my beauty, wow, i have no need to capture anyone else's gaze. Teach me Lord, to know Your thoughts towards me. Search me and know me. I live to know You and be known by You.


Selah. As women, bask in the Lord's overwhelming goodness and desire for you. No striving necessary! It is time to stop worrying about doing enough or being enough. Just be. Be loved. Be known. Be His delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment