I Found Life in Him

Living life to the fullest is finding hope and life in Christ. I can pursue all others, but come up empty handed. But I am never left unsatisfied when my Creator holds me ever so gently in His hand.
"I have found a love greater than life itself. I have found a hope stronger and nothing compares."


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wholehearted Surrender

Its difficult to come to a place of wholehearted surrender. For many of us, we live un-whole. And we seek to surrender, but its not wholehearted. We give part of ourselves to God, but then we take it right back. We give Him our heart, but if things are not going as planned or the unknown overwhelms us, we take our hearts back and do what we think is best for ourselves. I have found myself in this situation many times. And most Christians (Followers of Jesus Christ), spend their whole (yet un-whole) life with the desire to surrender but unable to come to a place of abandon. Its not because their is a lack of desire or passion. I have come to realize it is because of our unwholeness.

Surrender isnt a forced thing when our hearts are whole. It flows out of us from the inside out- with complete trust and confidence and hope in Christ alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment