I Found Life in Him

Living life to the fullest is finding hope and life in Christ. I can pursue all others, but come up empty handed. But I am never left unsatisfied when my Creator holds me ever so gently in His hand.
"I have found a love greater than life itself. I have found a hope stronger and nothing compares."


Saturday, April 16, 2011

And The Green Grass Grows All Around- Contentment

I am sitting here today fully content.
Not being busy doing something, but instead taking a moment to just be is rather refreshing.
There is no greater place to be than in the place you know you are supposed to be.

Now, that is a full thought and i am not sure that you fully understand it. I am not sure that i understand it. I never saw myself being where i am today, right now in my life. I am twenty going on twenty one (obviously...that is what comes next). I am working full time at a law firm as a receptionist, an 8-5 job. Along with piano lessons once a week (which i've put on hold for over a month since i never have time to practice- though i really want to start being more dedicated), i am also apart of a wonderful church where i help in the youth group and am building amazing relationships with young girls and awesome friendships with other leaders. Almost six months ago, a year long relationship was ended with my boyfriend. So i am just learning to live the single life well, while tons of friends are saying "I do" and stepping into married life. The past few months had been rather miserable as i fought the idea of living single and missing the man i honestly thought i would marry. Needless to say, i was not content. My plans of what i wanted were disrupted and i was not happy. I, in a sense, hit rock bottom as i was forced to evaluate where i had placed my hope, and it was not in God. My discontentment brought an incredible learning process that is still progressing, as God has taught me so much and  has opened my eyes to such truth about Him and myself and here recently i have found myself happy with my life, as is. And as i write this it almost brings tears streaming down my face. I can honestly say that i am happy. Where i am today may not be what i pictured for myself a year ago or even 6 months ago (though im pretty sure i didnt have a clear picture in mind), but i know i am exactly where i am supposed to be. And there is such an overwhelming peace that comes with that. I could wish and think of the greener grass on the other side; but for the first time in a long time i dont feel the need to. I am fully content with my life right now. And whoa... is it so freeing.

There is no greener grass on the other side as far as i am concerned, i am where i am supposed to be...and that is green enough for me.The green grass continues to grow all around...and im blooming where i have been planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment