I Found Life in Him

Living life to the fullest is finding hope and life in Christ. I can pursue all others, but come up empty handed. But I am never left unsatisfied when my Creator holds me ever so gently in His hand.
"I have found a love greater than life itself. I have found a hope stronger and nothing compares."


Monday, May 2, 2011

Wholeness that Produces Holiness

At work, so here is a throw down of some of my thoughts at the moment that i will at some point go back and edit and more clearly write:

We sometimes go about life pursuing holiness thinking that it will bring about wholeness. Error. Only when we are whole can we live a life of holiness. In my own life i tried to the best of my ability to do the right things but found myself very disappointed and unsatisfied. Even when i was doing the right thing, i was still very broken. And in search to be filled, i did the wrong things.
What is wholeness? integrity: an undivided or unbroken completeness or totality with nothing wanting
What is holiness? dedication or concecration to God or devotion to the service of God
Much religion is about us trying to be dedicated enough to God that we then have integrity and an unbroken completeness. But the truth is- you must have undivided completeness in order to fully be concecrated to God.
The question is, how do you become whole? How do you become a person of integrity with undivided completeness or totality with nothing wanting?
You must disengage with the lies that you come to believe based on your circumstances or surroundings and embrace the truth of God's love, provision, and plan for you. Only then can you be fully dedicated. It will flow out of you, instead of be forced out of you. When you are whole, you have an understanding of who God is and who He has created you to be. You live wanting nothing but Him and therefore, you live a devoted life to Him, seeking no other.

The greatest problem today is people trying to live a holy life without being whole. It is impossible to be dedicated and concecrated to God when you have divided and broken completeness...because you are still in search and in want...

My hearts desire is to see the people in the church pursue wholeness, which will bring about radical holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment