I Found Life in Him

Living life to the fullest is finding hope and life in Christ. I can pursue all others, but come up empty handed. But I am never left unsatisfied when my Creator holds me ever so gently in His hand.
"I have found a love greater than life itself. I have found a hope stronger and nothing compares."


Sunday, December 4, 2011

Construction Sight

The air had cooled down significantly, as i got into my car to head home last night after some time with friends. The sun was of course settled for the night and a few stars speckled the sky along with several airplanes, flying in or out of the nearby airport. It was getting late and as i was trying to get home to go to bed at a decent hour. I cannot remember for sure but i believe i left the music off, which rarely happens, and left myself to my thoughts. I wasn't looking to be inspired by any particular thing on my drive home, but that is what happened.
Driving down the highway, i passed an area that has been under construction for the past few weeks. Every time i pass it im amazed at how overpasses are built. Now i do not know the terms and so i am not sure if i can adequately describe what it looks like so i will leave that to you to imagine. But there are pieces strategically placed in position to eventually all connect. And what is even more incredible is that we drive over these overpasses without a thought, trusting it to hold whatever passes over upon it. As i saw the unfinished scene driving home last night, i was hit with a thought. All the pieces and the putting together of the materials becomes a foundation for people to drive upon. Likewise, all the pieces and the putting together of the revelations of who God is becomes a solid foundation for people to live upon. And its in a solid foundation that trust is enabled.

No comments:

Post a Comment